Call for Nominations: 2021 EMAG Awards
The Emergency Management Association of Georgia (EMAG) is now accepting nominations for the 2021 EMAG Awards. Emergency Management Agencies and their staff (volunteer and paid) are eligibile for nominations. All nominations must be emailed to Second Vice President C.J. Worden at [email protected] no later than October 1, 2021. Awards and their criteria can be found below.
Outstanding Contribution to the Profession
- Actions beyond the call of ordinary duty*.
- Outstanding volunteer work.
- May be paid or volunteer.
- Member in good standing for at least a year.
- Outstanding record on mission participation.
*Must include supporting documentation in photos, newspaper articles, and/or video
Volunteer/Citizen of the year
- Member with full Emergency Management orientation.
- Non-staff member. Example- school teacher, commissioner, mayor, and so on.
- Actively promotes and supports local and or state EMA.
- Nominated by local area director.
Jack Hobbs Award for Amateur Radio
- Licensed Amateur Radio Operator in good standing with the FCC.
- Benefits the profession of Emergency Management or a specific emergency management organization.
- Demonstrates willingness to help others acquire their radio license.
Emergency Management Agency of the Year
- Recognized EMA office by GEMA.
- Compliant and in good standing with GEMA.
- Member of EMAG for at least 2 years.
- Has made a significant improvement or difference in their community to mitigate, respond to, or recover from a disaster.
Director of the Year
- Held the EMA position of area director for a minimum of four years.
- Nominated by head of any public safety agency to include elected officials, EMA/Rescue Volunteers, EMA Staff or any EMAG Executive Committee member. Nomination must be in writing and with supporting documents.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities (this information is obtained from the nomination letter).
- Member of EMAG for at least two years in good standing.
- Attends at least 80% of all area meetings.
- Attends EMAG conferences.
- Member may be paid or volunteer.
For more information, please visit www.emagonline.com