Georgia United Credit Union
Georgia United Credit Union is one of the largest and strongest member-owned credit unions in Georgia with over 148,000 members, 19 branches including access to 5,000 shared branches and over 100,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide.
Georgia United is an ACCG preferred provider due to its extensive branch network, competitive array of financial services, convenient electronic services and more than 58 years of serving state agency and school system employees. Membership is open to all Georgia county employees and provides access to a wide range of financial services including checking, savings, credit cards, vehicle, personal and home loans.
County employees may join Georgia United by opening a share savings account with a deposit of $10 or more. There is a one-time $5 membership fee and a $5 minimum opening deposit to activate the account. Members may open an account at any Georgia United branch, over the phone or online at gucu.org. Please mention member group #340 to qualify as an ACCG affiliate.
Georgia United members have access to the following benefits:
- Free checking* with identity theft protection
- VISA® Credit Cards with no annual fee – including a 1.5% Cash Back Visa Card
- Vehicle loans with low rates
- Home Loan products (First Mortgages, Second Mortgages and Home Equity Lines of Credit)
- Mobile banking with Swift Deposit (make check deposits with your smart phone)
- Money Market accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
- Member Care Center with extended hours
- Youth Accounts
- Saturday branch accessibility (at select locations)
- Access to free ATM network (see org for details)
- Traditional, Roth & Education IRAs
- E-Statement options
- Access to Pre-paid Legal Insurance services
- VISA Gift Cards
- Safe deposit boxes (at select locations)
- Volunteer income tax assistance (at select locations)
*$5 monthly service fee without direct deposit or E-Statement.
Additional information about Georgia United’s partnership with ACCG can be located under the Membership tab at gucu.org and can also be provided through ACCG.