Register Today: 2017 Legislative Leadership Conference
We’re heading to Augusta-Richmond County! Mark your calendars for the 2017 Legislative Leadership Conference. The beautiful and serene Augusta-Richmond County will host ACCG and Georgia’s county officials for this year’s conference which will take place October 11-13. Though there’s a new location, the premise for the fall policy conference remains ever-importantly the same – to consider the policies to be adopted by the membership which will guide the ACCG legislative team’s efforts before the Georgia General Assembly and U.S. Congress.
ACCG to Host Gubernatorial Candidate Forum
ACCG will bring together Georgia's gubernatorial candidates for a forum during this year's Legislative Leadership Conference to discuss county issues. All six candidates running for the office of governor have been confirmed! The forum will take place Thursday, October 12, from 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and Richard Warner of Georgia Public Broadcasting will serve as moderator.
Why attend the LLC?
Let your county’s voice be heard by voting on issues considered for inclusion on the 2018 Legislative Agenda. The primary charge of the LLC is for Georgia’s county commissioners to finalize and adopt the issues ACCG will pursue during the legislative session. Each county must appoint a voting delegate to vote on behalf of their county. Details regarding the voting delegate process will be distributed within the coming months. Please watch for more information.
*The official Legislative Leadership Conference website is now available. Conference attendees can visit 2017llc.myaccg.com to view the conference agenda and to access information pertaining to agenda updates or changes.
Lifelong Learning Academy Course Line Up
In addition to discussing policy issues and preparing for the upcoming legislative session, county officials will have an opportunity to complete courses in the ACCG Lifelong Learning Academy. The following courses will be available during the Legislative Leadership Conference:
Wednesday, October 11
- Core: County Government Finance
- Core: Economic Development
- Core: Ethics
- Core: County Government 101
- Specialty: County Insurance and Risk Management (County Operations and Management)
- Specialty: Mental Health and the Justice System (Public Safety)
- Specialty: Regional Cooperation (Intergovernmental Relations)
- Specialty: The Voice of Leadership (Leadership Development)
Friday, October 13
- Core: Public Safety and Public Health
- Core: Human Resources
- Core: County Government Law
- Specialty: County Retirement Programs: What They Mean to Your Employees and Your Budget (County Operations and Management)
- Specialty: Addressing Complex Community Issues (Quality of Life/Social Issues)
- Specialty: Building Sustainable Communities (Qualify of Life/Social Issues)
- Specialty: Navigating Change (Citizen Engagement)
The deadline to secure housing in the ACCG housing block is September 19, be sure to contact your county clerk to register and to make housing accommodations.
** Click here for a detailed conference information sheet. **