The grant application period for the 2021 summer internship program is closed. Applications for the 2022 program will be made available in September 2021
Approximately 40 grants will be awarded each summer to counties through a competitive grant process. This number may change depending on available funding. The typical grant cycle allows for county applications to be submitted in the fall with the winners being selected and announced by the first week of February. All internships must be completed from May 1st through September 1st. Applications can be submitted online, however each county clerk also receives a grant packet for distribution annually that can be submitted by email or by mail.
Grant selection factors include but are not limited to:
- The competitiveness of a county’s proposed intern project compared to other internship applications seeking funding
- The uniqueness of a project
- The overall impact and benefit to the county of the project(s) proposed
- Partial or matching funds provided
- Collaboration with other counties, regional commissions, colleges/universities, and/or non-profits
- Whether counties that have previously participated in the GCIP properly adhered to grant requirements, guidelines, deadlines, and information requests made by the Foundation.
- Counties that have submitted competitive projects that have not previously participated in the program.
For more information on county grant applications, contact Michele NeSmith at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (404)-522-5022 ext. 195