Wilcox County was given land from Dooly, Irwin and Pulaski counties in 1857. It is named for General Mark Wilcox, state legislator and one of the founders of the Georgia Supreme Court. In naming the county seat Abbeville, early settlers were paying their respects to their earlier home in Abbeville, South Carolina.
|Address||103 North Broad Street, Abbeville GA 31001|
Statistics and Rates
|2008 Population||8750 (State Rank: 137)|
|Incorporated Millage Rate||18.25|
|Unincorporated Millage Rate||18.25|