2020 ACCG Annual Conference
2020 ACCG Annual Conference
A Message About Coronavirus
With less than two months until the 2020 ACCG Annual Conference in Chatham County, ACCG staff is aware of concerns related to COVID-19, commonly known as Coronavirus. We are monitoring information from credible, reliable sources such as the CDC, the Georgia Department of Public Health and the Governor’s Task Force. We will continue to apprise you of developments as more information becomes available.
For you to govern well and make policy decisions that will positively impact your community, you need to remember: “Everybody Counts”. We invite you to join us as we focus on advancing Georgia’s counties through educational sessions, networking opportunities and member-based services designed to meet the needs of your community
Click here for a tentative conference agenda.
7 Reasons to Come to this Year’s Conference!
- The biggest LUAU that Savannah and Chatham County have ever seen! This year’s special event on Saturday evening will feature pig-pickin’ from whole roasted hogs, inspiring tropical dishes and desserts, festive island decorations, tiki torches, a limbo contest, and much, much more!
- Inspiring keynote speakers specially selected for county officials to provide practical leadership lessons to enhance how you work with your peers, staff and community.
- Two full days of ACCG Lifelong Learning Academy classes (24 to choose from!), as well as certification classes for County Clerks. Section meetings for Clerks & Managers/Administrators and a CLE session for County Attorneys also will be held.
- Continuing education sessions and a special briefing from the ACCG policy team on legislation passed by the General Assembly that will impact counties.
- Time to interact with vendors, state agencies and others who work with counties as part of the County Buyers Mart – including a chance to sample foods from across Georgia provided as part of the Georgia County Agents’ Farm House.
- A chance to explore Chatham County and the historic Savannah riverfront during one of the best times of the year!
- An evening at the new Starland Yard Food Truck Park!
Secure Housing in the ACCG Room Block
Housing reservations will be made through Visit Savannah! Once you have registered with ACCG for the conference, you will receive a confirmation of registration that will include instructions for making hotel reservations. The deadline for hotel reservations is Monday, March 23, 2020.
There are seven conference hotels in Savannah for 2020:
Doubletree Hotel Historic Savannah
Hampton Inn Historic Savannah
Hilton Garden Inn Historic Savannah
Holiday Inn Express Historic Savannah
Hyatt Regency Savannah
Savannah Marriott Riverfront
Westin Savannah Harbor
Please check Visit Savannah! for information on the conference hotels – www.visitsavannah.com.
Note: ACCG has new policies and procedures for securing housing under the ACCG room block. The changes can be found here.